8. Graceling - Kristin Cashore (3/1/2009) - read it b/c wirenth said it was good. And it was.
9. Feast of Fools - Rachel Caine (3/2/2009) - another vampire series, but one that I actually enjoyed. Take that, PC Cast!
10. Chosen - PC Cast (3/6/09) - noooo! i am NOT chosen. i am running for the hills, because this series takes a downward spiral into blehness.
11. The Lathe of Heaven - Ursule l Guin (3/8/09) - oh ursula le guin, how i love thee. i could count the ways, but i won't. instead, i'll just read all your books. this is another excellent le guin novel.
12. I am the Messenger - Markus Zusak - (3/8/09) - FACT: This book rocks. 'Nuff said.
13. Frostbite - Rachelle Mead (3/14/09) - i thought this vampire series would help me pass the time, but i'm realizing that it just isn't my cup of tea. there was one crazy, awesome scene towards the end (where the main character goes CRAAAZY) but that was all that really held my attention. the next book? i couldn't even read the first few pages. it went back to the library.
14. Divining Women - Kaye Gibbons (3/14/09) - if you haven't read ellen foster, do so. divining women is just as powerful, though i think ellen foster is better written and more provocative (for me). the novel is set during world war i and the flu pandemic. it's about a woman struggling to help her uncle's wife, a beautiful, but verbally abused, woman. it's about hope and courage amidst suffering and death. i felt it was a bit rushed, but gibbon's beautiful prose more than makes up for that. she has a truly wonderful way with words.
15. Achingly Alice - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (3/15/09) - continuing my reading of the alice series. egad, i love these books. they remind me of beverly cleary's ramona quimby books.
16. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher (3/17/09) - not sure how i feel about this one; it was a decent read (plot wise). premise is interesting; girl commits suicide and mails out 13 tapes detailing the 13 people who affected her decision to kill herself. each person has to mail the tapes on to the next person. not sure if i agree with much of the results, but the concept was still enough to keep my attention.
17. Alice on the Outside - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (3/22/09)
18. The Grooming of Alice - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (3/24/09)
19. Alice Alone - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (3/28/09)
20. Shadowed Summer - Saundra Mitchell (3/30/09) - silly ya book about a girl who makes contact with a ghost, revealing secrets of the past. to be honest, couldn't quite grasp the whole plotline, even more so when the ending is revealed (it just doesn't make sense to me). easy read, finished it in a couple hours.